PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Augusta
This 12-month ASHP-accredited PGY1 Pharmacy Residency is jointly offered by Augusta University Medical Center (AUMC) and the University of Georgia (UGA), College of Pharmacy. This post-graduate experience provides comprehensive training in acute care, ambulatory care, long-term care, drug information, drug-use policy development, practice management, teaching and research. The flexibility of the program allows residents to individualize a program to meet their specific needs and interests. Residents also participate in patient-care area pharmacy coverage on the weekends (rotating schedule) and are responsible for completing a research project suitable for publication in a professional journal.
Mission of the Residency Program
Each PGY1 graduate will:
- Be a competent, confident and compassionate pharmacy practitioner who is an active member of the health care team
- Prevent, identify and resolve medication related problems and assure safe, effective and appropriate drug therapy for patients across the continuum of care
- Demonstrate commitment to the pharmacy profession and serve as a role model
- Educate patients, students and other health care professionals
- Contribute to the advancement of the practice of pharmacy in their practice setting
- Develop an attitude of self evaluation and improvement
- Demonstrate marketable job skills in the changing health care environment
Download the Residency Program Structure (PDF) at the link below:
Michelle Borg, Pharm.D.
Morgan Gwynn, Pharm.D.
Pam Ku, Pharm.D.
Olatokunbo Onabanjo, Pharm.D.
Click on the link below for PYG1 Pharmacy Residency preceptor bios:
Marjorie Shaw Phillips, MS, RPh, FASHP
Director, PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Program