Ray R. Maddox, Pharm.D., FASHP
Clinical Professor, Assistant Dean, Southeast Georgia Campus, Associate Department Head
- Office: Suite 210, Heart and Lung Building, Rm 5356 Reynolds St., Savannah, GA 31405 Athens, GA 30602USA
- Voice: 912-819-7715
- Office: St. Joseph's/Candler Hospital Campus Athens, GA 30602USA
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Doctor Pharmacy, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 1977
Residency , Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 1973
Bachelors Science Pharmacy, University of Georgia, College of Pharmacy, Athens, GA 1972
Clinical pharmacy service innovation and models; innovator in the development and implementation of hospital medication safety technology.
Featured in Columns 2014, John W. Webb Lecture Award, American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP Section of Pharmacy Practice Managers and Bouvé College of Pharmacy, Northwestern Univ.),2013
James R. Leintz Humanitarian Award, St. Joseph's/Candler Health System, 2012 - For demonstration of the System's values of compassion, quality, integrity, courtesy, accountability and teamwork.
Paul F. Parker Award, University of Kentucky, in recognition of contributions to the Profession as a former graduate of the Kentucky Residency Program. 2008
Fellow, American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (FASHP), 1998
Pharmacist of the year, Georgia Society of Health-System Pharmacists (GSHP), 1998
Recognized as a "Health Care Hero", by the Georgia Medical Society on multiple occasions.
- Published Schnock KO, Dykes PC, Albert J, Ariosto D, Call R, Cameron C, Carroll DL, Drucker AG, Fang L, Garcia-Palm CA, Husch MM, Maddox RR, McDonald N, McGuire J, Rafie S, Robertson E, Saine D, Sawyer MD, Smith LP, Stinger KD, Vanderveen TW, Wade E, Yoon CS, Lipsitz S, Bates DW: The Frequency of Intravenous Medication Administration Errors Related to Smart Infusion Pumps: a Multi-Hospital Observational Study. BMJ Qual Saf 0:1–10, 2016
- Maddox RR: The essence of leadership. Am J Health-Syst Pharm 71:662-8, 2014.
- Seibert HH, Maddox RR, Flynn EA, Williams CK: Effect of barcode technology with electronic medication administration record on medication accuracy rates. Am J Health-Syst Pharm 71:209-18, 2014.
- Maddox RR, Williams CK: Clinical Experience with Capnography Monitoring for PCA Patients. APSF Newsletter Winter, 26(3):47-50, 2012.
- Maddox RR, Daly DE: Chapter 8 Non-traditional pharmacy residencies. In Crouch MA (ed): Securing and Excelling in a Pharmacy Residency. Burlington, MA: Jones and Bartlett Learning; 2012:57-62.
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP), Member and multiple leadership positions
- Georgia Society of Health-System Pharmacists (GSHP), Past-President, and multiple leadership positions
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP), Member
- American Academy of Clinical Pharmacists (AACP), Past leadership positions