Beth Bryles Phillips, Pharm.D., FASHP, FCCP, BCPS, BCACP
Rite Aid Professor
PGY-2 Ambulatory Care Residency Program Director
- Office: R.C. Wilson , Rm 260B Athens, GA 30602USA
- Voice: 706-542-4794
- Fax: 706-542-5228
- Email: email@example.com
Specialized Residency in Ambulatory Care , VA Medical Center 1996
Pharmacy Practice Residency , University of Illinois at Chicago 1995
Doctor of Pharmacy , University of Kansas 1994
Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Practice
Recieved Seed Grant 2014
Teacher of the year, UGA College of Pharmacy, 2012
ASHP Pharmacy Residency Excellence - Preceptor Award, 2010
2008 – 2012
1. Horner KE (resident), Phillips BB, Newkirk E, McDanel D, Kaboli P. Evaluation of anticoagulation in patients with antiphospholipid syndrome. Am J Health-Syst Pharm 2008;65:964-8.
2. Farris KB, Phillips BB. Instruments assessing capacity to manage medications. Ann Pharmacother 2008;42:1026 – 36.
3. Watts A (resident), Castleman L, Phillips BB. Impact of a community pharmacist on patient knowledge of nonprescription medications. J Pharmacy Technol 2010;26:111-5.
4. Haines SL, DeHart RM, Hess KM, Marciniak MW, Mount JK, Phillips BB, Saseen JJ, Flynn AA, Zatzkin SW. Report of the 2009-2010 Professional Affairs Committee: Pharmacist integration in primary care and the role of academic pharmacy. AJPE 2010;74(10):S5.
5. Spangler M (resident), Phillips BB, Ross MB, Moores KG. Calcium supplementation in postmenopausal women to reduce osteoporosis risk. Am J Health-Syst Pharm 2011; 68:309-18.
6. Haines SL, DeHart RM, Flynn AA, Hess KM, Marciniak MW, Mount JK, Phillips BB, Saseen JJ, Zatzkin SW. Academic pharmacy and patient-centered healthcare: A model to prepare the next generation of pharmacists. J Am Pharm Assoc 2011;51:194–202.
7. Bourg C (resident), Phillips BB. Rosiglitazone, myocardial risk and recent regulatory actions. Ann Pharmacother 2012;46:282-9. Doi:10.1345/aph.1Q400
8. Phillips BB, Williams KC. Implementation of a pharmacy residency in a Veterans Affairs Community Based Outpatient Clinic. Am J Health-Syst Pharm 2012;69:880-4. Doi:10.2146/ajhp110504.
9. Phillips BB, Bourg CA, Guffey WJ, Phillips BG. Evaluation and implementation of an elective course on postgraduate residency training. Am J Pharm Educ. (accepted)
10. Phillips BB, Bourg CA, "Anticoagulation Competency." In: Blair M (editor) ACCP Ambulatory care new Practitioner Survival Guide/resource Manual, 3rd edition. Lenexa, KS: American College of Clinical Pharmacy; 2013 pp 259 - 60
11. Thurston MM, Phillips BB, Bourg C. "Safety and efficacy oof allopurinol in chronic kidney disease." Ann Pharmacother 2013; 47:1507-16. DOI: 10.1177/1060028013504740
12. Thiman ML, Phillips BB, "Reistrak corner: Customized Plans." The Communique. Accreditation Services Division, American Society of Health-System Pharmacists. 2013;16(2):10
2008 – 2012
1. McDanel D, Newkirk, Phillips BB. Ambulatory Care Clerkship Rotation Pre- and Post-Test and Answer Key, in Blair M (editor): ACCP Ambulatory Care New Practitioner Survival Guide/Resource Manual, 2nd edition. Lenexa, KS: American College of Clinical Pharmacy; 2008 pp 247 – 248.
2. O’Connor M (resident), Phillips BB. Constipation. In Schwinghammer TL.(editor): Pharmacotherapy: a patient-focused approach, 7th edition. Stamford, Connecticut: Appleton & Lange; 2009 pp. 110 – 112.
3. Spangler M (resident), Phillips BB. Chronic Anticoagulation. In Schwinghammer TL.(editor): Pharmacotherapy: a patient-focused approach, 7th edition. Stamford, Connecticut: Appleton & Lange; 2009 pp. 64 – 68.
4. Phillips BB. Osteoporosis. In Chisholm MA, Schwinghammer TL, Wells BG, DiPiro JT, Kolesar JM, Malone PM (eds): Pharmacotherapy Principles and Practice, 2nd Edition. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill; 2010 pp 965 – 979.
5. Guffey JG (resident), Phillips BB. Anticoagulation/Venous Thromboembolism. In Sutton SS (ed): NABPLEX Review Guide. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill; 2011 pp 53 – 59.
6. Horace AE (resident), Phillips BB. Osteoporosis. In Katz MD, Matthias KR, Chisolm-Burns MA (eds): Pharmacotherapy Principles and Practice Study Guide: A case based care plan approach. McGraw-Hill, New York, NY 2011 pp 239 – 241.
7. Spangler M, Phillips BB. Chronic Anticoagulation. In: Schwinghammer TL, Koehler JM, eds. Pharmacotherapy Casebook: A Patient-Focused Approach. 8th ed. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill; 2011.
8. Fravel M, Phillips BB. Constipation. In: Schwinghammer TL, Koehler JM, eds. Pharmacotherapy Casebook: A Patient-Focused Approach. 8th ed. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill; 2011.
9. Phillips BB. Step X: Step Up to the Plate: Time to Bring It All Home in Your Final Professional Year. In: Bauman JL, ed. The ACCP Field Guide to Becoming a Standout Pharmacy Residency Candidate. Lenexa, KS: American College of Clinical Pharmacy; 2012 (In press).
10. Phillips BB, Thurston MM (resident). Osteoporosis. In: Chisholm-Burns MA, Wells BG, Schwinghammer TL, Malone PM, Kolesar JM, DiPiro JT, eds. Pharmacotherapy Principles & Practice. 3rd ed. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill; 2013. (In preparation).
11. Phillips BB. Selecting the Ideal Residency Program. In: Bookstaver PB, Smith KM, Miller AD, Rudisill CN, eds. Roadmap to Postgraduate Training in Pharmacy. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill, 2013. (In preparation).
12. Phillips BB, Horace AE, McIntire SK. Osteoporosis. In: Katz MD, Matthias KR, Chisolm-Burns MA (eds): Pharmacotherapy Principles and Practice Study Guide: A Case Based Care Plan Approach. 3rd ed. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill, 2013. (In preparation).
1. Platform presentation at American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP) Annual meeting in Albuquerque, NM: Thurston MM (resident), Huston SA, Bourg CA, Phillips BB, Ryan GR. "Impact of health literacy on aspects of medication nonadherence reported by underserved patients with typ 2 diabetes. Pharmacother 2013;33:183e.
2. Poster Presentation at American Society of Health System Pharmacists Midyear with students: Jones J, Alspaugh K, Phillips BB. "Formation of a new student organization to promote interest in clinical pharmacy." Orlando, FL. December 2013.
3. Professional Presentations at American Society of Health System Pharmacists Midyear: "Residency Learning System Workshop: PGY1 Existing Residency Programs" Workshop Presenter and Facilitator. Orlando, FL. December 8, 2013.
4. "Meeting the Intent of the Residency Standard: Making ResiTrak work for your Residency Program" ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting. Orlando, FL. December 8, 2013.
5. "Make a Lasting Impression: Evaluating Your Interview Skills" ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting. Orlando, FL. December 7, 2013.
6. “Hot Topics in the New PGY1 Residency Accreditation Standard” Georgia Society of Health-System Pharmacists (GSHP) Preceptor Development Workshop. Atlanta, GA. October 2, 2015
7. “PPMI and the Future of Ambulatory Care Pharmacy” Jefferson College of Pharmacy. Philadelphia, PA. November 18, 2015
8. “Invest in Your Future: How to Select the Right Residency for You” Jefferson College of Pharmacy. Philadelphia, PA. November 18, 2015.
9. Invited Presentations: “Residency Program Design and Conduct Workshop” American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) Midyear Clinical Meeting Workshop Presenter and Facilitator. New Orleans, LA. December 5, 2015.
10. “Residency Town Hall: Update from ASHP and the Commission on Credentialing” ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting. New Orleans, LA. December 6, 2015
11. Thiman ML, Bourg C, Phillips BB, Young HN. Evaluation of therapeutic interventions and clinical outcomes in a pharmacist-run pharmacotherapy service in a free clinic. 2015 ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting. New Orleans, LA. December 2015.
- University of Georgia ACCP , Student Liason, ACCP
- FCCP Credentials: ACCP, Committee Member
- ASHP Section of Clinical Specialists and Scientists, American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, Network Facilitator
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy, Professional Affairs Committee
- Ambulatory Care PRN, American College of Clinical Pharmacy, Communications Committee
- ACCP Clinical Pharmacy Challenge Student Competiton, Item Writing Panel, Chair; Final Competition Round, Judge; Item Writing Reviewer, Member; Quarterfinal Competition Round, Judge
- Residency Learning System (RLS), ASHP, Faculty
- Specialty Council on Ambulatory Care Pharmacy, Board of Pharmaceutical Specialties
- Commission on Credentialing (COC), ASHP Accreditation Services Division, Standards Subcommittee Member
- ResiTrak User Group, Member
- ACCP Public and Professional Relations Committee, Vice-Chair