Rebecca H. Stone, Pharm.D. BCACP, BCPS
Clinical Assistant Professor
- Office: R.C. Wilson, Rm 260-F Athens, GA 30602USA
- Voice: 706-542-1322 (Office), or 404-664-7176 (Cell)
- Fax: 706-542-5228
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Doctor of Pharmacy, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 2010
PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Practice , Puget Sound VA Health Services, WA 2011
PGY2 Ambulatory Care Residency , University of Illinois at Chicago, IL 2012
Contraception, Medication use during pregnancy, Medication adherence
- ACCP Mentored Research Investigator Training Program (MeRIT) 2015-2017
- ACCP Ambulatory Care & Endocrine PRN Walk Rounds, 2nd Place Poster, November 2013: Stone RH, Bress AP, Nutescu EA, Shapiro NL. Upper extremity deep vein thrombosis (UEDVT) in a sickle cell subset population: a retrospective cohort evaluation at a university teaching hospital antithrombosis clinic
- ACCP Ambulatory Care & Endocrine PRN Walk Rounds, 1st Place Poster, November 2012: Rebecca H. Stone, PharmD, Sarah Elliott, PharmD, Edith A. Nutescu, PharmD, and Nancy L. Shapiro, PharmD. Upper extremity deep vein thrombosis: a retrospective cohort evaluation at a university teaching hospital antithrombosis clinic
- Board Certified Ambulatory Care Pharmacist
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist
Rafie, Sally; Stone, Rebecca H.; Wilkerson, Tracey A.; et al. Role of the community pharmacisit in emergency contraception counseling and delivery. Intergrated Pharmacy Research and Practice (03/23/2017) Vol. 2017, No. 6, P. 99 https://www.dovepress.com/articles.php?article_id=32019
Stone RH, Bress AP, Nutescu EA, Shapiro NL. Upper Extremity Deep-Vein Thrombosis: A Retrospective Cohort Evaluation of Thrombotic Risk Factors at a University Teaching Hospital Antithrombosis Clinic. Ann Pharmacother. 2016 Aug;50(8):637-44. http://aop.sagepub.com/cgi/reprint/50/8/637.pdf?ijkey=E0VmGq4M36ko0gz&keytype=finite
Stone RH. Chronic diseases in pregnancy. In: Dong BJ, Elliott DP, eds. Ambulatory Care Self-Assessment Program, 2015 Book 2. Women’s and Men’s Care. Lenexa, KS: American College of Clinical Pharmacy, 2015:81-102
Stone RH, Hong J, Hyunyoung J. Pharmacokinetics of monoclonal antibodies used for inflammatory bowel diseases in pregnancy. J Clin Toxicol 2014, 4:209. http://omicsonline.org/ArchiveJCT/articleinpress-clinical-toxicology-open-access.php
Stone RH, Rafie S, El-Ibiary SY, Karaoui LR, Shealy KM, Vernon VP. Oral contraceptive pills and possible adverse effects. Journal of Symptoms and Signs. 2014. 3(4): 282-291. http://www.intermedcentral.hk/index.php?journal=jss&page=issue&op=current
Perry R, Stone RH, Haider S. (2014) Contraceptive Agents and Drug Interactions. In Allen, RH., & Cwiak, CA (Eds.), Contraception for the Medically Challenging Patient (pages). Location: Springer Publishing. http://www.springer.com/medicine/gynecology/book/978-1-4939-1232-2?detailsPage=authorsAndEditors
Stone RH, Lodise NM, Morin A, Rafie S. What is the restriction on over-the-counter EC access today? J Adolesc Health. 2014 Jul;55(1):148. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24952912
Expert testimony: HB 5809, Pharmacist prescribed oral contraceptives in Illinois, invited expert testimony by the Illinois Pharmacist Association (IPhA) for the Illinois House of Representatives Professional Licenses Committee regarding hearing for HB 5809 in Springfield, IL in March 2016.
Recommendations for Emerging Drugs in Selected Cardiovascular Conditions in Pregnancy, invited ACPE continuing education presentation at the ACCP Annual Meeting in San Francisco, CA in Oct 2015.
Oral emergency contraception: a mechanism of action, efficacy, and regulatory update, invited ACPE continuing education presentation at the Illinois Pharmacist Association (IPhA) Annual Meeting in Lombard, IL in conjunction with Marlowe Djuric Kachlic, PharmD in Aug 2015.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP): Teaming Up to Reduce Medication Errors, invited presentation at the ACCP Annual Meeting in Austin, TX for pharmacists in Oct 2014.
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP), Women’s Health PRN - Chair-Elect 2016/2017, Secretary Treasurer & Communications Committee Chair - 2014-2016
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP), Ambulatory Care PRN: Vice-Chair Budget and Finance Committee 2013-2014, Research Committee 2015-2016
- American Pharmacists Association (APhA), University of Illinois at Chicago, New Practitioner Mentor 2011-2015
- Georgia Pharmacists Association (GPhA), Member
- Georgia Society of Health-System Pharmacists (GSHP), Member
- Phi Delta Chi Professional Pharmacy Fraternity, Alumni Member, Rosalind Franklin College of Pharmacy Reginal Colony Coordinator 2012-2013