Surbhi Shah, M.S.
PHSOP Graduate Assistant
- Office: R.C. Wilson Pharmacy Bldg., Athens, GA 30602, Rm 270-G
Masters Administrative Pharmacy , The University of Toledo, Toledo, OH December 2013
Bachelors Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indoor, India 2010
My current research interest is in Health economics and outcomes research (HEOR).
- Shah, S., H. Wei, J. Jayawardhana, M. Perri, E. Cobran, & H. Young. (In Press) "Cost utility analysis of Methylphenidate and Amphetamine/Dexamphetamine in adults with Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)", Journal of Pharmaceutical Health Services Research.
- Vaidya V, Hufstader-Gabriel M, Gangan N, Shah S, Bechtol R. Utilization of smoking-cessation pharmacotherapy among chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and lung cancer patients. Current medical research and opinion. Jun 2014;30(6):1043-1050.
- Vaidya V, Gangal N, Shah S, Gangan N, Bechtol R. Trends in smoking status and utilization of smoking cessation agents among females with cardiovascular diseases. Accepted in Journal of Women's Health
Projects and Poster Presentations:
- Perceptions of Medical students on Pharmacists provided counseling services and collaboration with pharmacists using Theory of Planned Behavior (Thesis - 2013)
- “Smoking in COPD patients: Socio-demographic factors associated with smoking cessation” – Determination of factors that predict the use of smoking cessation agents in COPD patients. (Presented at ISPOR, New Orleans -2013)
- “Tools used to improve Medication Adherence: A Systematic Review” – Review of all the tools used to improve medication adherence and to understand their impact on adherence. (Presented at ISPOR, New Orleans -2013)
- “Trends in smoking status and utilization of smoking cessation agents among females with cardiovascular diseases from 2001-2010” – Determine the 10 year trend in smoking cessation drug utilization. (Presented at ISPOR, New Orleans -2013)
- Patel P, Shah S. presented abstract, "Average annual cost of prostate cancer and factors prediting the cost" At the American Pharmacists Association (APhA) Annual Meeting and Exposition in Orlando, FL, March 28-31, 2014. Published in the March/April issue of the Journal of the American Pharmacists Association.
- Shah S, presented abstract, "Assessing medical students' awareness towards pharmacist-provided counseling services and their intent to collaborate using a modified Theory of Planned Behavior at the American Pharmacists Association (APhA) Annual Meeting and Exposition in Orlando, Fl, March 28-31, 2014. Published in March/April issue of the Journal of the American Pharmacists association (JAPhA)
- Patel P, Shah S. National Estimates of Healthcare Services Expenditures for Prostate Cancer Patients: An Analysis of the Medical Expenditure Panel Survey (2006-2010) (NCCN 2014)
- Shah S, Al-Shatnawi S, Franic D. Psychometric evaluation of disease specific quality of life instruments in Eating Disorders. (Presented at ISPOR 2015, Philadelphia, PA)
- Al-Shatnawi S, Shah S, Ermias Y. Effectiveness and Safety of Nicotine Vaccines for Smoking Cessation: A Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials. (Presented at University of Groegia Drug Discovery Conference 2015)
- Al-Shatnawi S, Shah S, Norton M, Young H. Influence of Sociological Factors on Physicians prescribing of Psycho-stimulants in Patients with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. (Presented at CPNP 2015, Tampa, FL)
- Shah S, Galdo J, Kanchansuwan S, Cox E, Moreno M, Young H. Impact of bubble packaging on medication adherence. (Presented at APhA 2015, San Diego, CA)
Summer intern in Health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) at Outcomes Incorporated.
2016: Presented at the ISPOR 21st Annual Meeting in Washington, DC abstract
FY2014: Graduate Assistantship, Clinical & Administrative Pharmacy
- International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR), University of Toledo Chapter Member and President, 2012-2013